Thunderhead is looking for a talented Sales professional who is passionate about bringing a new and disruptive solution to Customer Engagement. You will have the opportunity to bring entrepreneurial skills and a self-starting mindset to developing a portfolio of named accounts and key market sectors across the Northern European region, the Netherlands in particular.
Who are we?
Thunderhead is a privately-owned software company, who since launching in 2004, has become a recognized global leader in the customer engagement market. (The Forrester Wave Journey Orchestration and Visioning Platforms Q4 2018).
With its cloud-based, intuitive ONE Engagement Hub, Thunderhead joins up web, mobile, in-store and contact center customer experiences giving brands a multi-dimensional understanding of customer journeys and enabling actionable conversations in real time.
ONE Engagement Hub accomplishes this vision:
● By broadening and deepening customer relationships in adding intelligence to customer data and legacy systems, enabling brands to deliver more personal, relevant and contextual communications and interactions
● Putting business users in control and empowering them to design, manage and optimize customer journeys across every interaction with their brand, increasing ROI without the need for a costly re-platforming project and IT intervention
● Employing an optimization mindset to continually learn and take action based on customers’ evolving brand interactions
Who are you?
● Passionate about customer engagement and love to share your experience and skills in helping customers in their transformation towards customer centricity
● Evangelise the vision inside and outside your network
● Driven by using technology in solving business challenges
● Able to listen to people and understand them deeply in order to explain simply, giving confidence to the most hardened technologists while energizing the most visionary marketers
● Driven by sales success and tenacity to close
● Able to work with different types of prospects and partners (roles, levels and industries)
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
● Deliver revenue, develop and manage your accounts and sector(s) to exceed quota in annual subscription revenue, producing consistent quarter by quarter subscription revenue growth through new business opportunities.
● You should have the desire to create a strong pipeline of new business opportunities and ensuring customer retention by managing existing customers accounts, cross and up selling and identifying new opportunities for revenue generation.
● Thunderhead has very close working relationships with several highly influential partners, however much of business is done directly with the end client. To be successful, you should be comfortable with $500,000+ complex sales and 6 to 9-month sales cycles and dealing with high-level marketing, business, and IT contacts within clients and prospects.
● Further develop Thunderhead’s value propositions in your accounts and sector(s).
● Build understanding and knowledge of Thunderhead’s competitive advantage within accounts and the sector(S) and be fully confident presenting and demonstrating this to prospects and partners.
● Develop new business opportunities through specific marketing campaigns/seminars using extensive market knowledge and leveraging a partner network.
● Demonstrate strong communication and collaborative working skills by being able to contribute to Thunderhead’s partner strategy in the sector, communicating the Thunderhead value proposition and building productive relationships to develop revenue generating opportunities.
● Partner effectively with internal teams, such as pre-sales, professional services, alliances, and support to ensure that prospects’ and customers’ needs are met, both during the sales cycle, and during their lifetime as a Thunderhead.com customer.
● Ensuring Thunderhead.com remains ahead of the competition by sharing competitive knowledge acquired.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
● Entrepreneurial skills and self-starter mindset. Ability to work remote from HQ
● Passion for changing the approach in the market for Customer Engagement
● Build and maintain a sales pipeline giving foundation to exceed fiscal revenue targets
● Ability to convey Thunderhead.com value proposition to C-Level management
● Develop sector and account marketing plan with Thunderhead marketing and demand generation groups
● Accurate forecasting using Salesforce.com
● Maintain Account plans for major opportunities and target accounts
● Build and maintain a set of productive partnerships
● Achieve high levels of customer retention
● Demonstrate strong product and competitive knowledge
● Proven track record selling high value software licenses in the defined sector and geography
It would be highly advantageous to have a good understanding of:
+ CRM (One to One marketing, 360’ view of a customer etc.)
+ Marketing, Analytics, and Personalization
+ ECM and BPM Solutions
+ Web and Mobile Content Management
+ SaaS Solutions
● Proven success in building relationships with key influencers and ability to leverage your sector network in the Partner and Prospect communities
● Proven ability to interpret a client’s business requirements into a Thunderhead.com solution and ROI to create compelling events that will drive buying decisions
● Track record in building and growing a fast-growing business in named accounts and sectors
● Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
● Sound understanding of the Thunderhead solution and how it fits into a business and system landscape
● Ability to demonstrate solution and talk through highlights
● Resilient during competitive sales situations and able to demonstrate robust commercial decision- making and negotiating skills
● Consultative sales approach with an inspirational ‘can do-will-do attitude’ do’ attitude
● Comfortable with solution selling sales methodologies
● Ability to travel extensively (up 50%+)
● Ability to be in the Amsterdam office to help develop team culture and sales best practices
● Established track record of experience in the selling or consulting of Enterprise Software Solutions
● Fluent in Dutch and English (German advantageous)
What can we offer you?
● To be part of a fast-growing organisation where career opportunities and exposure to a leading technology software are endless
● Involvement in challenging projects – enhancing your skillset
● Competitive commission and salaries in the market
● Extensive health insurance
● Subsidised gym memberships
● Leisure travel insurance
● Various social events throughout the year
● Celebrating individual successes and achievements with our internal employee recognition scheme
● Working with a large partners network
● Flexibility when needed – working hours are 9-5pm
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email us a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
Thunderhead is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status, as required by applicable law.
We have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. Thunderhead takes pride in bringing the best technology to our audiences around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our diverse, passionate, talented and creative employees.