Thunderhead is seeking a talented Senior Database Administrator. You will work hands-on within the Thunderhead development team focusing on operations, development, and delivery of solutions while requiring participation in architecture and analysis activities.
Who are you?
As a Senior DBA, you will work hands-on within the Thunderhead development team focusing on operations, development, and delivery of solutions while requiring participation in architecture and analysis activities.
This role requires an engineer with at least seven years of experience and very strong technical skills.
– You are committed to success and do whatever it takes to deliver your task on time with high quality
– You are an analytical thinker and problem solver
– You are self-motived to test and retest until what you are about to deliver is as close to perfect as you can possibly make it
– You are comfortable discussing requirements with product management and architecture teams, throwing your own ideas into the mix
– You like working in an Agile (Scrum) development environment
– You have the ability to get work done efficiently and with minimal initial guidance
– You are a personable team player, we interact and collaborate at all times, under all sorts of circumstances and you will be expected to do the same
Responsibilities of the role include
– Perform all DBA and operational activities with respect to Thunderhead’s relational and warehouse data environments
– Design and construct elegant data models understanding which schema pattern is appropriate for the application under consideration
– Maintain and refactor existing data models and code by analyzing and identifying areas for modification/improvement
– Research and investigate new technologies, being prepared to share with the team to enhance their depth of knowledge and increase Thunderhead’s competitive advantage
– Perform BI development and implementation, and be comfortable validating results with customer success representatives
– Think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the requirements of the project
– Utilize open source projects for solving complex problems
Must have skills/experience:
– 7+ years of experience administering, designing and developing for Microsoft SQL Server, specifically Azure SQL Database
– Direct experience with implementing and optimizing Azure SQL Data Warehouse
– Direct experience in the Azure Analytics (Azure SQL, Power-BI, Azure Analysis Services, Power Query, DAX, etc.)
– Direct experience with Azure Data Lake technologies
– Experience supporting implemented data warehouse and BI solutions by monitoring and tuning queries and data loads
– Experience in designing and creating data models for OLTP and OLAP applications
– Shaping large reporting and analytics programs
– Experience designing, building and automating ETL operations
– Experience performing data and statistical analysis
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Familiarity with Cassandra, Azure Databricks (Spark) or other Big Data storage and computation platforms
– Knowledge of Linux, AWS, Azure, etc.
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenging issues together with the tools, equipment, and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding.
To reward you for your hard work, we’ll provide you with a competitive salary, including an annual bonus. Based in our collaborative and vibrant Manchester, NH office, this an important role within our development team. We also recognize that our colleagues deserve to be looked after outside the office, as well as on the job. In addition to joining a dynamic, friendly team, we provide a range of benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401k plan, and various company-sponsored social outings.
As a rapidly growing company, we offer plenty of opportunities for career development – the majority of people in senior positions within the engineering department have been promoted internally.
So, if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin.