Who are we?
Thunderhead is a privately owned software company, who since launching in 2004 has become a recognized global leader in the customer engagement market. With its cloud-based, intuitive ONE Engagement Hub, Thunderhead joins up web, mobile, in-store and contact centre customer experiences giving brands a multi-dimensional understanding of customer journeys and enabling actionable conversations in real time.
Who are you?
Our ideal team member will be someone who is able to quickly integrate into the team and run the day-to-day operations of the department. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to identify opportunities to make improvements to better support the business and have a natural curiosity to proactively question and investigate. You will need to come from a solid background accounting within industry, preferably with a high tech customer focused organisation.
What we’re looking for:
The Finance Manager will have responsibilities for all group subsidiaries operating in 3 countries. Key duties include;
- Month end accounting to trial balance, including:
- Customer revenue analysis
- Management P&L reviews
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany accounting
- Ownership of the Order to Cash cycle, including:
- Processing new contracts in the CRM and accounting system
- Determining revenue recognition criteria
- Coordinate with sales colleagues to ensure timely collection of customer invoices
- Calculation of monthly sales commissions
- Preparation of the group cash flow forecast
- Review of the regular payrolls and supplier payment runs
- Monthly VAT/sales tax returns and other ad-hoc compliance reporting
- Work flexibly with colleagues in the Finance team to deliver the team’s objectives
- Deliver high quality of work under tight time scales
- Ad-hoc duties as required for the role
The skills that we are looking for:
- You will be a whiz at Excel
- You will ideally have experience of Netsuite, Intacct or Xero.
- You will have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- You will be ambitious, keen and ready to learn with a positive attitude to tackling new challenges.
- You will be confident working under your own initiative as well as having the ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve business objectives.
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenge projects together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Salary depends on experience but is highly competitive and includes an annual bonus tied to both your and the company’s performance. In addition to joining a collaborative, friendly environment, we provide a range of other benefits, including extensive health insurance, subsidised gym membership, leisure travel insurance, pension contribution, Cycle2Work and childcare vouchers, as well as 25 days holiday allowance.
We’re located in Soho, a hotspot for tech startups in the heart of London. The office is also home to our company HQ housing many of our operational departments, UK sales teams, marketing and professional services teams, and is buzzing with activity.
So if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position via our website and tell us all about yourself. You’ll find the role listed our careers page here:
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin.