Thunderhead is searching for a talented Mobile Engineer with preferably a background in building mobile SDKs to join an agile development organization to develop and deliver enterprise-grade mobile products, which connect to Thunderhead’s existing Cloud solutions. We are looking for someone to join us and help build SDKs that the world’s best app engineers would be excited to use in their apps.
Who are we?
Thunderhead is a privately owned software company, who since launching in 2004, has become a recognized global leader in the customer engagement market. With its cloud-based, intuitive ONE Engagement Hub, Thunderhead joins up web, mobile, in-store and contact center customer experiences giving brands a multi-dimensional understanding of customer journeys and enabling actionable conversations in real time.
ONE Engagement HUB is an innovative solution that enables an organization to deliver a more unified, personal, relevant and engaging customer experience across all touchpoints throughout the customer journey; we have a team of top QA Engineers who ensure that we deliver world class solutions to the market – and to support this we’re looking to expand our team.
Who are you?
- You have a great deal of experience building native mobile apps and/or libraries on both iOS (using Objective-C)
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code/products
- You have a deep understanding of both Cocoa APIs and each platform’s specific design patterns
- You have an understanding of what makes life easier for mobile developers
- You are creative, open to experimentation and never shy to push the boundaries of what’s possible
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You prefer to do Test Driven Development whenever possible
- You’re passionate about your craft and have built several iOS applications
- You’re comfortable discussing requirements with the product management team, throwing your own ideas into the mix and constructively engaging when they seem to be asking for too much
- You like working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development environment and take responsibility for getting things done in a reasonable time frame
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop mobile SDKs and applications which support the ONE Engagement Hub strategy
- Work with product management and other technical teams to deliver the best mobile experience that we can offer our users
- Evaluate, recommend and implement appropriate mobile solutions to help create more accurate user/customer profile
- Maintain and refactor existing code by analyzing and identifying areas for modification/improvement
- Research and investigate new technologies and update on multiple coding languages to enhance depth of knowledge and build on Thunderhead’s competitive advantage.
- Develop automated test for new/existing code
- Support product by monitoring, identifying and fixing bugs and software defects
- Ensure that new code conforms to agreed coding and testing standards, paying particular attention to the writing and running of automated tests
- Liaise with QA team to ensure sufficient knowledge transfer to enable testing
- Share knowledge with team members and be willing to share responsibilities with other team members
- Think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the requirements of the project
- Utilize open source projects for solving complex problems
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years native iOS mobile development experience
- Strong coding experience in Objective-C
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Experience in building SDKs which have been used in other mobile applications
- Experience building applications using technologies like Titanium, Swift, PhoneGap, Xamarin or React Native
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenge projects together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Salary depends on experience but is highly competitive and includes an annual bonus tied to both yours and the company’s performance. In addition we’re really proud of the benefits we’re able to offer to our employees – which includes a comprehensive healthcare plan, covering medical, dental, STD/LTD, and life insurance, as well as a vision plan and subsidized gym membership.
The position is located in our recently renovated office in Manchester, New Hampshire, our US tech hub housing our development, QA and CIO teams, as well as several members of our US sales teams. Our US employees makes up approximately a half of our global workforce – most of whom are based in our Manchester office.
So if you can picture yourself as one of the team then let us know by telling us why you’d be a great candidate for this role in your cover letter and send us your CV.
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.