Thunderhead is searching for a talented Mobile QA Engineer to join an agile development organization to develop and deliver enterprise-grade product solutions for mobile. Our team is updating and expanding our industry leading and innovative Journey SDK that the world’s best application engineers are excited to use in their apps.
As a Mobile QA Engineer you will work very closely with the mobile development team to understand the architecture of our existing product and services under development. You will review and contribute to the overall test strategy and quality of the new product and services. In conjunction with development, you will be designing and implementing tooling that will allow for efficient and comprehensive testing, as well as testing pre-release versions of mobile OS to avoid introducing regressions.
- Work closely with developers as peers to understand underlying architecture and code changes to come up with test strategy across different layers of the mobile SDKs
- Understand test automation needs, task out work, and provide feedback on design solutions
- Automate newly integrated features, and develop toolsets to augment QA and Development testing
- Extend existing automation framework to work with new services and write end-to-end automation for user scenarios
- Perform continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression suites
- Create detailed strategic test plans, actionable bug reports and follow-up on review proposed problem resolutions
- Evaluate errors post-release to help inform the next iteration of changes to end user experiences
Must have skills/experience
- 2+ years of testing and automation experience
- Experience writing tests in Swift (Objective-C, Java, Kotlin are a plus)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience testing mobile iOS applications or SDKs (Android is a plus)
- Strong technical skills with expertise in an object-oriented programming language, preferably Swift
- Strong understanding of mobile development constraints
- Experience with Xcode Automation Tools (Android Studio is a plus)
- This is a strongly collaborative role: must be able and willing to work closely with devs on design & review of each other’s work
- Passionately curious: willing to ask questions, persist in the face of tough problems, and continuously learn
- Must possess a strong ability to organize and prioritize work time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in testing SDKs which have been used in other mobile applications
- Experience testing applications or SDKs in React Native, Cordova, PhoneGap, Ionic, Xamarin or Titanium
- Testing using cloud-based infrastructure for testing solutions (i.e. Firebase, AWS)
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenging projects together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Salary depends on experience but is highly competitive and includes an annual bonus tied to both yours and the company’s performance. In addition, we’re really proud of the benefits we’re able to offer to our employees – which includes a comprehensive healthcare plan, covering medical, dental, STD/LTD, and life insurance, as well as a vision plan and subsidized gym membership.
The position is located in our recently renovated Manchester, New Hampshire, office – our US tech hub housing our development teams, as well as several members of our US sales teams. Our US employees makes up about half of our global workforce and are intrinsic to Thunderhead’s success.
Who are we?
Thunderhead is a privately-owned software company, who since launching in 2004, has become a recognized global leader in the customer engagement market. With its cloud-based, intuitive ONE Engagement Hub, Thunderhead joins up web, mobile, in-store and contact center customer experiences giving brands a multi-dimensional understanding of customer journeys and enabling actionable conversations in real time.
ONE Engagement HUB is an innovative solution that enables an organization to deliver a more unified, personal, relevant and engaging customer experience across all touchpoints throughout the customer journey.
If we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.