The Pre-Sales Consultant is responsible for presenting the Thunderhead SaaS ‘ONE’ Solution offering to prospects, partners and customers to induce confidence in Thunderhead and remove all business and technical doubts during the sales cycle.
In order to achieve this, the Pre-Sales Consultant must have a strong desire to leverage their business, technical and sales skills. The individual must have the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a solution and effectively demonstrate to the prospect how it addresses their requirements and provides business value.
- Provision of business and technical support to the regional sales team.
- Managing and addressing queries and concerns of proposed solutions.
- Developing solution proposals and collateral including presentations and demonstrations.
- Operate in a team both as a sales person and as a consulting person; as such, instigate, support and successfully close (new) sales cycles
- Provide full, effective and successful product demonstrations, presentations and a clear understanding of all aspects of the product- and service offering
- Support Marketing and Industry events
- Define and articulate how we can help organizations by matching their requirements with the ONE solution offered by Thunderhead, and to articulate the fit to position Thunderhead as the preferred choice;
- Active participation in pilot and proof-of-concept projects. Coordinating between the team members and execution of hands on tasks as member of the team.
- In close cooperation with the Sales Executives, play a major role in answering Tenders, RFI/RFP proposals.
- Keep up with the newest developments of the technology. Have a good internal network of people and knowledge sources inside and outside the company. This means with product development, peers, Customer Success team and partners.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge and understanding of Thunderhead’s competitive product advantages and in depth knowledge about the competition product- and company level
- Responsible for translating technical features into usable sales statements and work closely together with the departments that can provide this information (Product Development, Customer Success, Marketing, Partners).
- Provide input to Product Management to enable the identification and prioritisation of new features and capabilities for the ONE Engagement Hub
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree or equivalent educated.
- Proven background (minimum 4 years) of working within Software Solution Pre-Sales (working/presenting/selling cloud delivered solutions that handle PII data would be preferable)
- Combination of commercial and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven record of being able to work within a team environment and also capable of delivering independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.• Good commercial decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willing to travel.
- Procession of a Full driving licence.
Technical skills required:
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTML, CSS, Scripting, JSON), including practical hands on experience
- General understanding of mobile app technologies
- General understanding of integration principles (app and data) – be comfortable with concepts and principles of APIs (REST etc), data access
- Experience with and knowledge about Azure would be preferable
- Experience with and knowledge about BI and analytics would be preferable
- Location: Amsterdam, NL
- Travel: Some travel required (NL, Germany, UK, Nordics)
- Package: Basic salary + variable (revenue targets and activity-based) + benefits
- Job Title: Pre-Sales Consultant
- Reporting to: EMEA Pre Sales Manager
- Markets/Sectors: All
- Languages: Dutch – fluent, English – fluent; German-speaking would be advantageous
Thunderhead is a privately owned British-founded software company who set out to transform the way brands engage with their customers. Thunderhead enables businesses to solve the key problem in customer experience – managing the customer journey across all touch points so that they can create enduring and engagin relationships with their customers.
Since launching the ONE Engagement Hub, we have become a recognised global leader in the customer engagement market. Thunderhead is headquartered in London and has additional offices in Boston and Amsterdam.
We create and develop clever technology that, coupled with our brilliant people, helps to make Customer Engagement effortless resulting in happy customers, both our clients and our clients’ customers.
Our company culture is key to our success. It’s embedded in everything we do and how we communicate with everyone – customers, employees, partners, analysts and more. It’s focused on doing the right thing for our customers, our team and our technology, the environment and the communities we conduct business in.
Joining the Thunderhead team promises exposure to Thunderhead’s leading edge customer engagement solution, a positive can-do culture where you will enjoy interacting with your colleagues, and where you will be rewarded for your efforts through a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Come join the Thunderhead team!
We only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.