Who are you?
Thunderhead is searching for a talented QA Engineer, preferably with a background in Java, to join an agile development organization in developing and delivering enterprise-grade product solutions for the Cloud using Java and affiliated technologies.
You’re an automation QA Engineer, analytical thinker and problem solver. You are committed to success and do whatever it takes to deliver your task on time with high quality. You prefer to promote Test Driven Development whenever possible.
You’re passionate about your craft and have explored various automation libraries and frameworks, working with some professionally and keeping an eye on others. You’ve had the chance to compare how they work for different problems and have opinions about what works best in what situation.
You’re comfortable discussing requirements with the product management team, throwing your own ideas into the mix and constructively engaging when they seem to be asking for too much.
You like working in an Agile Scrum development environment and take responsibility for getting things done in a reasonable time frame. So when you say something will be done you almost always keep your word. When you don’t there’s always a good reason why and you learn from the experience to minimize the chances it will happen again.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain and refactor existing test suites using Selenium Webdriver in Python
- Develop automated UI tests for new/existing code
- Support product by monitoring, identifying and logging bugs and software defects
- Ensure that new code conforms to agreed coding and testing standards, paying particular attention to the writing and running of automated tests
- Share knowledge with team members
- Share responsibilities with other team members
- Think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the requirements of the project
- Utilize open source projects for solving complex problems
Must have skills/experience:
- Proven experience in developing UI automated tests in Selenium WebDriver
- Experience writing REST and API only tests
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Data & Statistical analysis
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Experience with BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using JBehave
- Experience with Pytest
- Experience with Java
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenging issues together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding.
To reward you for your hard work, we’ll provide you with a competitive salary, including an annual bonus. Based in our collaborative and vibrant Manchester, NH office, this an important role within the Development team. We also recognize that our colleagues deserve to be looked after outside the office, as well as on the job. In addition to joining a dynamic, friendly team, we provide a range of benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401k plan, subsidized gym membership, fledgling golf league and various company sponsored social outings.
As a rapidly growing company, we offer plenty of opportunities for career development – the majority of people in senior positions within the development department have been promoted internally.
So if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and telling us all about yourself.
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin.