Thunderhead is searching for a talented and experienced Release Automation Engineer to provide leadership and support across multiple coordinated teams within a ground-up SaaS infrastructure. You’ll be tasked with creating a robust and reliable Continuous Integration environment that helps to increase the productivity of both development and QA teams. You’ll also assist in moving to a Continuous Delivery model of release and help with build and release processes and standards.
Who are we?
Thunderhead is a privately owned software company, who since launching in 2004, has become a recognized global leader in the customer engagement market. With its cloud-based, intuitive ONE Engagement Hub, Thunderhead joins up web, mobile, in-store and contact center customer experiences giving brands a multi-dimensional understanding of customer journeys and enabling actionable conversations in real time.
ONE Engagement HUB is an innovative solution that enables an organisation to deliver a more unified, personal, relevant and engaging customer experience across all touchpoints throughout the customer journey.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Implement automated CI processes used by multiple development teams providing consistency and re-use of common modules.
- Perform release and maintenance builds and packaging for delivery to DevOps.
- Work with DevOps team to execute product deployments to development, test, and production environments.
- Manage the implementation of the central artefact repository and local proxies that serve versioned dependencies produced and/or used by different teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Continuous Integration (Java, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube preferred)
- Artifact and dependency management (Nexus preferred)
- Release management
- Proficient in Unix scripting (Bash preferred)
- Basic Linux administration (Ubuntu, CentOS preferred)
- Source Control (Git, BitBucket preferred)
Nice to haves:
- Cloud infrastructure
- Systems monitoring
- New Relic, Zabbix
- Docker containers
- Automated deployments to Dev/QA environments
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery build pipeline
- JIRA/Atlassian Experience
- Basic SQL database scripting/management
- Coverage reporting
- Chef scripting
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenge projects together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Salary depends on experience but is highly competitive and includes an annual bonus tied to both yours and the company’s performance. In addition we’re really proud of the benefits we’re able to offer to our employees – which includes a comprehensive healthcare plan, covering medical, dental, STD/LTD, and life insurance, as well as a vision plan and subsidized gym membership.
The position is located in our recently renovated Manchester, NH, office – our US tech hub housing our development, QA and DevOps teams, as well as several members of our North American sales team. Our US employees makes up approximately half of our global workforce, many of which are based in our Manchester office, and are intrinsic to Thunderhead’s success.
So if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.