Who are you?
As a Senior Network Security Engineer, you will work hands-on within the Thunderhead Engineering organization provisioning, deploying, configuring, and administering many diverse network and security-related technologies for a predominantly cloud-based ecosystem with a small hardware-based footprint; including firewalls, switches, network monitoring tools, and virtual private networks (VPNs). This role requires an engineer with at least eight years of experience and excellent technical skills.
- You are committed to success and do whatever it takes to deliver on time with high quality
- You are an analytical thinker and problem solver
- You know not only how to mitigate any potential threats that become evident, but more importantly, you are skilled at strategizing and preparing to protect the enterprise from security threats
- You are self-motived to test and retest until you are sure that what you are about to deliver is the best possible solution for the requirement
- You are comfortable articulating and documenting problems and their solutions to senior management
- You can get work done efficiently and with minimal initial guidance
- You are a personable team player, we interact and collaborate at all times, under all sorts of circumstances, and you will be expected to do the same
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of cloud and on-premise based systems, networks, and information
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Write comprehensive reports containing assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Create and implement network security policy in tandem with our Director of Security and Compliance
Must have skills/experience:
- 8+ years of experience with security engineering, incident response, or information security analysis
- Experience of public cloud security best practices
- Knowledge of cloud-based platform integration, including Office 365 and Azure using the latest DevSecOps toolsets
- Understanding of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, and principles, such as application of defense-in-depth
- Experience working with container-based technologies, including Docker tooling and ecosystem
- Experience configuring and implementing technical security solutions, including firewalls, SIEM, IDAM, IDS/IPS, vulnerability management, data loss prevention, and application whitelisting
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments and remediating security deficiencies
- Knowledge of current cyber threats and how to harden a system appropriately to prevent them
- Experience with secure configuration or hardening of MacOS, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with configuration management or automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenging issues together with the tools, equipment, and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding.
To reward you for your hard work, we’ll provide you with a competitive salary, including an annual bonus. Based in our collaborative and vibrant Manchester, NH office, this an essential role within our Engineering organization. We also recognize that our colleagues deserve to be looked after outside the office, as well as on the job. In addition to joining a dynamic, friendly team, we provide a range of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, 401k plan, and various company-sponsored social outings.
As a rapidly growing company, we offer plenty of opportunities for career development – the majority of people in senior positions on the engineering team were promoted internally.
So, if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin.