Read this travel customer engagement use case for the travel industry to find out how travel brands can improve customer journeys and have happier customers with effortless engagement with Thunderhead’s ONE Engagement Hub platform.
Either download the printer-friendly PDF version of this ONE for Travel Use Case or scroll down to continue to read the use case on this page.
ONE for Travel
The truth is, most travel companies have no idea who their potential customers are, or what they might require. In a perfect world, there would be no discernable seams in a customer’s journey from the first moment of wanderlust, through to making a purchase.
A traveller calling to find out more about a holiday they have spotted online would discover that the travel operator already knows where they want to go, and can make helpful recommendations based on these insights. If they chose to make the fi nal booking in person, details of previous discussions would be instantly accessible to their local travel agent, who would find their ideal trip in seconds. Sadly, this scenario is not the norm.
A rise in the use of aggregators and third-party sellers means that customers are often several steps removed from the travel brands they eventually book their adventures with. Even when holidaymakers go direct, operators still don’t know who they are or what they want because there is no link between their interactions across channels, such as call centres, websites, and high-street travel agents. As a result, conversations between the travel operator and the customer can be disjointed and poorly targeted, which does nothing for consumer happiness or life-long relationships.
Getting personal drives conversations
The digital shift has transformed customer behaviour. Regardless of age, over half of consumers expect brands to know who they are and understand their needs and interests, from the very start of the conversation.
In a constantly evolving travel landscape, agility and a high level of service are essential for brands to stand out and an insight-driven, personalised approach to conversations will transform the experience customers receive across every touchpoint.
So, how can travel brands move in a more positive direction?
The answer is to move beyond simple customer tracking and develop listening skills that enhance their customer insights. By connecting the elements of individual journeys and by actively listening to customers, travel brands can provide unified, relevant, and engaging conversations that boost satisfaction, long-term loyalty to ultimately help your business grow. Thunderhead’s ONE Engagement Hub (ONE) has been designed specifically to do this.
By listening and understanding, not simply tracking, ONE captures and uncovers individual customer insight, intent and behaviour, across every channel and in real-time. ONE then helps brands create individual experiences that deliver value to both the customer and the brand - serving the customer what they actually want.
By doing this, across every channel and at all stages in a customer’s journey, a valuable, engaging and trusted relationship will develop – trust felt in the brand, trust felt by the customer that they are valued and treated as an individual wherever and whenever they interact with the brand. Engaged relationships such as these lead to greater loyalty, higher lifetime value, advocacy for your brand and customer satisfaction.
How ONE does this:
• By listening to key customer activity, across all channels, ONE delivers insight and knowledge to the business user to take action.
• As customers interact, ONE uses insight to select and execute, in real-time, relevant and engaging conversations that will personalise the customer’s entire on and offline experience and the multiple journeys they take with you.
• Through its integration features, ONE delivers customer journey information, individual customer insight and next-best-conversations to your booking and CRM systems as well as to your travel agents and contact centres.
• We call it the ONE Engagement Hub for a reason, not only does it listen to customers as they interact with you but it listens to wider key customer activity from your other systems.
With these capabilities ONE recommends the best way to talk to your customers by:
• Understanding and analysing a customer’s journey; unearthing the vital insight that led them to one of your agents or outlets, highlighting what worked, reasons why someone dropped off or hit a bottleneck.
• Presenting this insight to your travel agents, in-resort representatives and marketing teams; a customer’s desires in the moment are revealed, helping you talk to them more effectively. For example, contact centre agents can now see when customers are repeatedly drawn to online hotel listings and make the first call, suggesting relevant offers that increase sales and customer satisfaction, delivering value to both the brand and the customer.
• Unveiling the anonymous digital activity of prospects and customers, enabling your staff to eff ectively market, service and sell to them based on a detailed understanding of what they are trying to do.
• Engaging our adaptive self-learning model, which will help you deliver relevant and consistent conversations, based on previous customer interactions and responses to personalised experiences, to drive meaningful and valuable engagement with new prospects.
By using ONE to combine customer insight, context, and real-time journey behaviour in one centralised system, it enables you to listen to customers as they interact across your website, mobile devices, and contact centres. What’s more, our solution sits across the systems of record you already rely on and, despite them not being designed with the omnichannel customer journey in mind, our engagement layer will unify all your systems helping your travel agents, in-resort representatives and marketing teams gain a holistic view of each and every customer to deliver consistent, valuable conversations every time.
We believe that the ability to listen and listen well is at the centre of true customer engagement. To entice customers from the competition, travel brands must pay close attention to their behaviour and needs across each channel, and adapt conversations accordingly.
Only then can travel brands create experiences that customers will want to repeat, outshining aggregators and third-party sellers creating life-long relationships with happy, loyal customers.
Everyone talks about Customer Engagement but we wrote the book on it, built our solution to deliver it and this is how we define it:
An on-going, value driven relationship between a customer and a business, which is consciously motivated according to the customer’s reasons and choices.
Thunderhead’s intuitive ONE Engagement Hub joins up web, mobile, high street and contact centre customer experiences, connecting them with your existing CRM system, giving you a multi-dimensional view of all your customers. It allows you to act on an individual customer’s needs in real-time. Effortless engagement just got personal.
Download the printer-friendly PDF version of this ONE for Travel Use Case.