This role will be focused on Azure Synapse Analytics (formerly called Azure Data Warehouse); this includes development and delivery of Azure data and cloud computing solutions. This role requires an engineer with at least 5+ years of experience and solid data-manipulation skills.
Who are we?
Thunderhead is a pioneering software company and a recognized technology leader in the customer engagement and journey orchestration market.
We are leading the movement to transform customer engagement, and with our AI-driven ONE Engagement Hub, it’s now possible for brands to deliver exceptional engagement for every customer, throughout their journey.
Across each industry, ONE is driving topline growth, reducing cost-to-serve, increasing customer happiness and building customer lifetime value. We are headquartered in London, with our development HQ in Boston.
ONE Engagement Hub accomplishes this vision:
● By broadening and deepening customer relationships in adding intelligence to customer data and legacy systems, enabling brands to deliver more personal, relevant and contextual communications and interactions.
● By putting business users in control and empowering them to design, manage and optimize customer journeys across every interaction with their brand, increasing ROI without the need for a costly re-platforming project and IT intervention.
● By employing an optimization mindset to continually learn and take action based on customers’ evolving brand interactions.
WHO ARE YOU?
● You are a strong database engineer, analytical thinker and problem solver
● You are committed to success and do whatever it takes to deliver your task on time with high quality
● You are self-motivated to test and retest until what you are about to deliver is as close to perfect as you can possibly make it
● You are passionate about your craft and have explored various data-patterns, keeping an eye on others, and comparing all so that you are aware of the differing solutions they can provide
● You are comfortable discussing requirements with the product management team, throwing your own ideas into the mix
● You like working in an Agile (Scrum) development environment and take responsibility for getting things done in a reasonable time frame
● You have the ability to get work done efficiently and with minimal initial guidance, be ready to hit Thunderhead’s lovely, old, antique hard-wood floor, running
● You are a personable team player, we interact and collaborate at all times, under all sorts of circumstances
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
● Develop and Optimize Azure based cloud computing data solutions
● Enrich Azure Data Factory pipelines
● Continuous refinement of data flow and scalability
● Adapt ELT and ETL data patterns
● Performance tuning and review of database level objects including stored procedures
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
● 5+ years of direct experience working with large data sets and data manipulation techniques
● Experience with Microsoft Azure SQL / Data Warehouse (or similar)
● Experience with ELT or ETL patterns
● Code versioning (Git, Sourcetree or similar)
● Strong interest in working with industry leading Microsoft Azure SQL and big data
● Experience with Data Bricks, Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, event-hubs, Spark, Cassandra, Polybase, Powershell/scripting
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
We will provide you with challenging work together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Salary depends on experience but is highly competitive and includes an annual bonus tied to both individual and company’s performance. In addition to joining a collaborative, friendly environment, we provide a range of other benefits, including company-paid health, dental, disability and life insurance, 401K with company match, subsidized gym membership, as well as 18 days’ vacation allowance.
Based in our collaborative and vibrant Manchester, NH office, this is an essential role within our engineering team. So, if we interest you, please let us know by applying and telling us all about yourself.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email us a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
Thunderhead is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status, as required by applicable law.
We have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. Thunderhead takes pride in bringing the best technology to our audiences around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our diverse, passionate, talented and creative employees.