As a Cloud/DevOps Engineer you will work within the Cloud Computing Services team to focus on enabling seamless automation of deployment through our External cloud platform. You will be reporting into the Operations Organization. This role is focused on hands-on development and delivery, which requires a combination of both strong technical, as well as participation in architecture, integration and analysis activities.
- Implementing commit, acceptance and release capabilities across External cloud platforms
- Actively participating in planning, definition, design & integration of cloud services releases working with other SME’s/Architects as required to assure consistency
- Working closely with internal DevOps teams in technology selection, evaluation, policy recommendation and configuration and provide appropriate deployment patterns needed
- Participating in the implementation of generic common components/services aspects of cloud technologies, which may include applications, infrastructure, security and/or database strategies
- Participating in defining the technical & coding standards and guidelines for the team or group as well as implementing a strong internal DevOps process
- Participating in problem solving and technical troubleshooting to assist the organization; driving resolution to technical issues
- Working with DevOps Leads and chief architect on evolving our Cloud service strategies to align industry trends with product strategy to drive business success
- Building relationships with development teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- You are capable of working with core/scripting languages such as JSON, Python, Ruby, Bash and Java, as well as strong unix/shell skills
- You have a general knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google, knowledge and understanding of API Design and deployment patterns/strategies
- Your familiarity and understanding of application deployment patterns
- Your experience in proven delivery and proposing solutions and working collaboratively on solutions
- You have the ability to identify integration patterns and points between various design areas and should be able to track the implementation of integrations
- Your ability to work on initiatives and projects that cut across divisional and organizational boundaries; working with peers, technical and non-technical team members on POCs and Projects independently to drive results and business value
- You have the ability to present, documentation, communication and collaborative skills
How your work will impact Thunderhead
The CCS Team, part of the Operations Organization, is responsible for the design, implementation and development of Cloud capabilities across the entire software delivery lifecycle. Our mission is to enable application teams to deploy and manage their applications in the cloud through automation with integrated security and testing.
Thunderhead is a privately owned British-founded software company who set out to transform the way brands engage with their customers. Thunderhead enables businesses to solve the key problem in customer experience – managing the customer journey across all touch points so that they can create enduring and engagin relationships with their customers.
Since launching the ONE Engagement Hub, we have become a recognised global leader in the customer engagement market. Thunderhead is headquartered in London and has additional offices in Boston and Amsterdam.
We create and develop clever technology that, coupled with our brilliant people, helps to make Customer Engagement effortless resulting in happy customers, both our clients and our clients’ customers.
Our company culture is key to our success. It’s embedded in everything we do and how we communicate with everyone – customers, employees, partners, analysts and more. It’s focused on doing the right thing for our customers, our team and our technology, the environment and the communities we conduct business in.
Joining the Thunderhead team promises exposure to Thunderhead’s leading edge customer engagement solution, a positive can-do culture where you will enjoy interacting with your colleagues, and where you will be rewarded for your efforts through a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Come join the Thunderhead team!
We only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.