As a Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer you will work within the Cloud Computing Services team to focus on enabling seamless automation of deployment through our External cloud platform. You will be reporting into the Operations Organization. This role is focused on hands-on development and delivery, which requires a combination of both strong technical and influencing skills, as well as participation in architecture, design and analysis activities.
- Identifying functional & non-functional requirements that are not currently met by the required capabilities and advocate solutions to address these gaps. Applying appropriate approaches to assessing trade-offs among architectural goals
- Implementing commit, acceptance and release capabilities from roadmap across External cloud platforms
- Actively participating in planning, definition, design & integration of cloud services releases working with other SME’s/Architects as required to assure consistency of product development and adoption of the product asset base across the product line
- Leading and presenting technical solutions (e.g. POC) and the underlying business requirements that drove its development and value provided; assessing the technical integrity and risks inherent in that solution
- Working closely with internal DevOps teams in technology selection, evaluation, policy recommendation and configuration and provide appropriate deployment patterns needed
- Leading the implementation of generic common components/services aspects of cloud technologies, which may include applications, infrastructure, security and/or database strategies
- Participating in defining the technical & coding standards and guidelines for the team or group as well as implementing a strong internal DevOps process
- Actively monitoring and participating in external IT resources and communities and sharing knowledge with various architect communities
- Participating in critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to assist the organization; driving resolution to technical issues; lead and perform impact analysis
- Working with DevOps Leads and chief architect on evolving our Cloud service strategies to align industry trends with product strategy to drive business success
- Mentoring the technical team on IT Product/Application Strategy and Architecture
- Building relationships with development teams with quick alignment of value and understanding
Desired Skills and Experience
- You are fluent in core/scripting languages such as JSON, Python, Ruby, Bash and Java, as well as strong unix/shell skills
- Your knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google, as well as knowledge of 12 Factor principles, API Design and deployment patterns/strategies
- Your strong understanding of application deployment and management patterns
- Your experience in proven delivery and proposing solutions, roadmaps and collaboratively defining solutions and the needed architecture to enable it
- Your ability to build support among key stakeholders across business units for proposed strategies and solutions
- Your ability to provide technical leadership to the development, QA and support teams in preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions
- You have the ability to identify integration patterns and points between various design areas and should be able to track the implementation of integrations
- You are capable of mentoring the members of the development teams
- You are able to analyze business direction and problem, understand long term vision and risk and develop strategy and guide technical solutions
- Your ability to work on initiatives and projects that cut across divisional and organizational boundaries; working with peers, technical and non-technical team members on POCs and Projects independently to drive results and business value
- Your ability to identify measurable dimensions (including ROI) of a business problem and present the options with pros and cons
- You have excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills, as well as skills which present/influence technology direction in business context to the stakeholders
How your work will impact Thunderhead
The CCS Team, part of the Operations Organization, is responsible for the design, implementation and development of Cloud capabilities across the entire software delivery lifecycle. Our mission is to enable application teams to deploy and manage their applications in the cloud through automation with integrated security and testing.
Thunderhead is a privately owned British-founded software company who set out to transform the way brands engage with their customers. Thunderhead enables businesses to solve the key problem in customer experience – managing the customer journey across all touch points so that they can create enduring and engagin relationships with their customers.
Since launching the ONE Engagement Hub, we have become a recognised global leader in the customer engagement market. Thunderhead is headquartered in London and has additional offices in Boston and Amsterdam.
We create and develop clever technology that, coupled with our brilliant people, helps to make Customer Engagement effortless resulting in happy customers, both our clients and our clients’ customers.
Our company culture is key to our success. It’s embedded in everything we do and how we communicate with everyone – customers, employees, partners, analysts and more. It’s focused on doing the right thing for our customers, our team and our technology, the environment and the communities we conduct business in.
Joining the Thunderhead team promises exposure to Thunderhead’s leading edge customer engagement solution, a positive can-do culture where you will enjoy interacting with your colleagues, and where you will be rewarded for your efforts through a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Come join the Thunderhead team!
We only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.